Falls Prevention Awareness
LEVEL 2 | Care Course | Length Dependent On Learner Ability
About the Course
With falls being the most frequent and serious type of accident for people over 65, it’s important that all those who deal with elderly and vulnerable people have a good understanding of how to stop this from happening. Falls can cause serious mental and physical problems, such as isolation, lack of confidence and broken bones. This course is excellent for anyone working within the health and social care industry, or who has regular contact with elderly people.
• Achieve a nationally recognised Level 2 qualification.
• Evidence your competency to employers.
• Further your personal and professional development.
• Reduce the risk of falls.
• Learn at a time that suits you without the need to attend college.
• Unit 1 - Falls in Context
• Unit 2 - The Risk Factors and Causes of Falls
• Unit 3 - Falls Assessment and Prevention
• Unit 4 - Managing Falls