What Is A Parenting Course?
Parenting is one of the most important jobs in the world, but it can also be one of the most challenging. With an abundance of things to explore and accomplish, figuring out the starting point can be difficult. That's where our online parenting courses come in.
These free online parenting courses offer a convenient and affordable way to learn about parenting from experts. They can help you develop the skills and knowledge you need to raise happy, healthy children. Unlike some other training providers, parents can study the courses we offer for free via an online learning portal.
Throughout the course, parents are supported by an online tutor who is able to mark all submitted work and give feedback to ensure all the information taught is properly understood.
The Benefits Of Taking A Parental Course
• Convenience - You can access online parental qualifications from anywhere, at any time. This makes them a great option for busy parents who don't have time to attend traditional parenting classes.
• Affordability - All our online parenting courses are available to study for free depending on where you live. This means it is a far more affordable opportunity than traditional parenting classes (which can sometimes cost £100's to attend). These qualifications are a great option for parents on a budget.
• Flexibility - Our online parenting courses are typically self-learning, which means you can study at a time and place that suits your individual needs. This is a great option for parents who have busy schedules or who learn best at their own pace.
• Assurance - All of our free online courses that support parenting are nationally accredited. This means they have been tested for quality of learning by an external awarding body such as NCFE CACHE. This ensures that all the course content is accurate and up-to-date with the latest information.
• Community - Many of our learners share their feedback on the course with their child's school or other parents. This helps to build a community of learners who are studying to achieve a similar goal of supporting their child.
Our Most Popular Qualifications For Parents
There are many great parenting courses online. Here are a few of the best:
- Understanding Autism: Helping parents of autistic children understand and support their child's growth and development through an educational course. Parents and carers can gain insight into how to create a more accessible environment for their children. You will also gain a better understanding of how the assessment process works for getting diagnosed with Autism.
- Specific Learning Difficulties: This course teaches parents about learning difficulties that could affect their child's education, such as ADHD, Dyslexia and Dyspraxia. Content covers how to support parents in creating better opportunities for their children to thrive in their education.
- Children and Young People's Mental Health: Ideal for parents seeking to improve their knowledge about some of the most common mental health conditions that can impact children and young people, such as Depression and Anxiety. After studying this qualification, parents are well-equipped to talk to their children about mental well-being and are able to better identify risks and triggers that could impact their own child's mental health in the future.
- Early Neuroscience for Young Children: This course is ideal for parents of children aged between 0-7 years old. Content focuses on how parents can support their children's emotional development, enabling them to become more resilient when processing tough emotions such as fear, anxiety and anger.
Choosing The Right Course For You
When choosing an online parenting course, there are a few things you should keep in mind:
- Courses for parents can be specific to certain age groups or more general, depending on their child's age and development stage.
- Your parenting goals: What do you hope to learn from the course?
- Your availability: How many hours can you spare a week to complete the course?
We have a wide range of free online qualifications that are available to support parents and carers.
Access to these qualifications is funded through the Adult Education Budget. Due to this, learners must meet the following eligibility criteria.
- Be aged over 19 years old
- Have lived in the UK/EU for over 3 years
- Not be enrolled on another government-funded course