This is an entry-level course helping you gain knowledge of the fundamentals of health and safety.
You will learn:
- Why it is important to work safely.
- How to improve safety performance.
- The working environment and potential hazards.
This training course includes official exams and assessments.
IOSH Working Safely Syllabus
- Recognise the importance of health and safety in the workplace.
- Learn about the measures you can take to prevent health and safety issues, and not put yourself or your colleagues at risk.
- Find out about the precautions and preventative measures you can take to create a safe working environment.
- Look into emergency procedures and accident plans, and the individual responsibilities of staff should an incident occur.
- Learn more about hazards, risk, and risk controls in the workplace, and the importance of risk assessment.
- Find out more about day-to-day risk assessment and practical workplace applications.
- Become familiar with the consequences for staff and business of not correctly following health and safety regulations.
- Understand what a health and safety management system is and learn more about safety signs and signals.
- Learn about the incident reporting process and who to report an incident or health and safety accident to.
IOSH Working Safely modules
The Working Safely course material is split into six different units:
- Course introduction
- Why it is important to work safely
- Improving safety performance
- The environment
- Multiple choice test
- Hazard assessment
IOSH Working Safely Exam Details
This training course includes a two-part exam. This training course includes official exams and assessments.
You will be tested on your knowledge through a 20-minute multiple-choice test, and when this has been completed it will unlock the hazard assessment. If you pass both parts of the exam, you'll be awarded the IOSH Working Safely certification. Two attempts at each exam are included in this course package.
This course is nationally accredited by IOSH - Institution of Occupational Safety and Health
The Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH) is the chartered body and largest membership organisation for safety and health professionals. IOSH acts as a champion, adviser, advocate, and trainer for health and safety professionals working in organisations of all shapes and sizes, in around 130 countries. Their focus is to support their members in creating workplaces that are safer, healthier, and more sustainable.
- Official Exam & Assessments: Included
- Join a community of over 615,000
- Fully Accredited Qualifications
- Over 4,000 Candidates Placed Into Employment
Please note this is a paid qualification, therefore you will have to pay the course fee in order to start studying.
Is the IOSH Working Safely course suitable for me?
The IOSH Working Safely Certificate is a great course for those looking for an entry-level understanding of health and safety, especially within the workplace.
Each topic in this course will give you the knowledge of health and safety and the skills to be able to apply it to real-life in your place of work.
There are no prerequiaites so anyone can enrol on this training course.