This course will equip learners with a detailed understanding of Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND), including equality and diversity in the context of SEND and legislation and guidance that helps promote this. Learners will also look at how a person-centred approach can benefit individuals living with SEND, how SEND conditions can affect learning and how to support those living with SEND and their families.
1 - Introduction to Special Educational Needs and Disability (SEND)
2 - Understanding equality and diversity in the context of SEN
3 - Principles of promoting a person-centred approach for individuals with SEND
4 - Understanding SEND and learning
5 - Living with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND)
This course is nationally accredited!
We are partnered with the nation's leading colleges and training providers across the United Kingdom. This means many of our qualifications, including this one, are nationally recognised.
This course is nationally accredited! It has been quality checked by an external awarding body to ensure you get the best possible results.
- Achieve a nationally recognised Level 2
- Establish a long-standing career pathway within the education or health and social care sectors.
- Increase your awareness of SEND and be able to better support individuals with SEND in your everyday life and in a work setting.
- Learn at a time that suits you without the need to attend college.
Is this course for me?
This course is fully funded and available to anyone who falls within the eligibility requirements below:
• Age 19+
• EU / UK Resident for 3+ years
* Not enrolled on another government funded course
Please call 02039003091 if you have any questions about our courses!