This course has been designed to examine all the areas surrounding these sensitive topics. Learners will discover how to recognise the signs of self-harm and suicidal thoughts, as well as how to approach an individual they believe is experiencing this. They will look at managing and minimising self-harm risk, and finally, how to support individuals dealing with grief after suicide.
1 - Introduction to suicide and self-harm awareness
2 - Recognising the signs of suicide and self-harm in individuals
3 - Principles of suicide and self-harm prevention
4 - Support for individuals when dealing with grief after suicide
This course is nationally accredited!
We are partnered with the nation's leading colleges and training providers across the United Kingdom. This means many of our qualifications, including this one, are nationally recognised.
This course is nationally accredited! It has been quality checked by an external awarding body to ensure you get the best possible results.
- Achieve a nationally recognised Level 2
- Establish a long-standing career pathway within the education or health and social care sectors.
- Increase your awareness of this sensitive topic during a time when mental health is of vital concern.
- Learn at a time that suits you without the need to attend college.
Is this course for me?
This course is fully funded and available to anyone who falls within the eligibility requirements below:
• Age 19+
• EU / UK Resident for 3+ years
* Not enrolled on another government funded course
Please call 02039003091 if you have any questions about our courses!