What Does Mental Health First Aid & Advocacy Cover?
Mental Health First Aid and Mental Health Advocacy in the Workplace is a comprehensive training program designed to equip individuals with the necessary skills and knowledge to identify, support, and advocate for those experiencing mental health issues in the workplace. This course is ideal for anyone who wants to take an active role in creating a mentally healthy workplace or is responsible for employee wellbeing.
This free online course covers various topics related to mental health, including common mental health disorders, warning signs of mental illness, and how to provide Mental Health First Aid to those in need. Participants will learn how to recognize the signs and symptoms of mental illness, how to respond to a mental health crisis, and provide support and assistance to those experiencing mental health issues.
The Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) and Mental Health Advocacy in the Workplace course covers a range of topics, including:
- Understanding Mental Health: You will learn about common mental health disorders, their causes, and the skills to spot the initial warning signs of mental illness.
- Mental Health First Aid: This section of the course covers how to provide initial help to someone experiencing a mental health crisis, including how to approach, listen, and communicate effectively.
- Supporting Mental Health: You will learn how to support a person experiencing mental health issues, including how to signpost to professional services.
- Advocating for Mental Health: This section of the course covers how to advocate for mental health in the workplace, including how to create a mentally healthy workplace, reduce stigma and discrimination, and promote positive mental health practices.
Why Take a Free Mental Health First Aid Course?
Each year over 70 million days of work are lost because of mental health problems. With 1 in 4 people experiencing a mental health issue each year it's becoming increasingly important for businesses and staff to understand how to support their own mental well-being, as well as the well-being of their co-workers.
This mental health first aid training provides participants with the skills and knowledge to recognize the signs of mental illness, provide Mental Health First Aid, and advocate for mental health in the workplace. The qualification is one of our most popular free courses is ideal for managers, supervisors, HR professionals, and anyone who wants to create a mentally healthy workplace.
Unit 1 - Exploring Mental Health
Unit 2 - How to Support Individuals with Mental Ill Health
Unit 3 - Understand a Mentally Healthy Environment
This course is nationally accredited!
We are partnered with the nation's leading colleges and training providers across the United Kingdom. This means many of our qualifications, including this one, are nationally recognised.
This course is nationally accredited! It has been quality-checked by an external awarding body to ensure you get the best possible results.
- Achieve a nationally recognised Level 2 qualification.
- Evidence your competency to employers.
- Further your personal and professional development.
- Learn at a time that suits you without the need to attend college.
- Learn how to recognise the signs of mental illness and provide Mental Health First Aid.
- Gain the skills and knowledge to support and assist those experiencing mental health issues.
- Learn how to create a mentally healthy workplace and advocate for mental health in the workplace.
- Enhance your CV and career prospects by demonstrating your commitment to promoting mental health and well-being in the workplace.
- Offer ongoing learning opportunities within your workplace.
This course is fully funded and available to anyone who falls within the eligibility requirements below:
• Age 19+
• EU / UK Resident for 3+ years
• Not enrolled on another government funded course
Please call 02039003091 if you have any questions about our courses!