Special Education Needs and Disability
LEVEL 2 | Care Course | Length Dependent On Learner Ability
About the Course
This course will equip learners with a detailed understanding of Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND), including equality and diversity in the context of SEND and legislation and guidance that helps promote this. Learners will also look at how a person-centred approach can benefit individuals living with SEND, how SEND conditions can affect learning and how to support those living with SEND and their families.
- Achieve a nationally recognised Level 2
- Establish a long-standing career pathway within the education or health and social care sectors.
- Increase your awareness of SEND and be able to better support individuals with SEND in your everyday life and in a work setting.
- Learn at a time that suits you without the need to attend college.
- Introduction to Special Educational Needs and Disability (SEND)
- Understanding equality and diversity in the context of SEN
- Principles of promoting a person-centred approach for individuals with SEND
- Understanding SEND and learning
- Living with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND)