Safe Handling of Medicines
LEVEL 2 | Health & Safety Course | Length Dependent On Learner Ability
About the Course
Modern medicines are powerful substances which have beneficial effects for millions of people worldwide. However, inappropriate use or handling of these substances can have severe, or even fatal, consequences. Having good up-to-date knowledge of the safe handling of medicines is essential for anyone working with medication.
- Learn from your own home, in your own time
- Achieve a nationally recognised level 2 qualification
- Access to award-winning learning and assessment materials
- Subject specialist support from a Tutor and access to a Learner Support Advisor for everyday queries
- Funding available – speak to one of our team for more information and to see if you are eligible.
- Unit 1: Gain good up-to-date knowledge of the safe handling of medicines
- Unit 2: Learn how to maintain stock and record, store and dispose of medication
- Unit 3: Understand the different types of medication and how they are classified
- Unit 4: Learn the correct procedure for record keeping and the audit process
- Unit 5: Gain relevant skills, knowledge and understanding to improve service user experience