LEVEL 2 | Care Course | Length Dependent On Learner Ability
About the Course
The Dementia Care course is popular in nursing homes but is also rated in the wider community due to the number of people looking after loved ones affected by dementia. It’s said that dementia affects around 820,000 people in the UK - a figure which is estimated to rise to two million by 2051. With no cure in sight this course provides caregivers and nurses all of the information they need to understand how dementia affects residents and how they can offer high-quality care.
• Achieve a nationally recognised Level 2 qualification.
• Improve your understanding of the various forms of dementia and the importance of being respectful at all times.
• Further your personal and professional development.
• Unit 1 - Dementia Awareness.
• Unit 2 - The Person-Centred Approach to the Care and Support of Individuals with Dementia.
• Unit 3 - Understand the Factors That Can Influence Communication and Interaction with Individuals who have Dementia.
• Unit 4 - Understand Equality, Diversity and Inclusion in Dementia Care.
• Unit 5 - Understand the Administration of Medication to Individuals with Dementia Using a Person-Centred Approach.
• Unit 6 - Understand Behaviour in the Context of Dementia.
• Unit 7 - Understand the Benefits of Engaging in Activities in Social Care.